You’re here because you seek to nourish your well-being!
Your desire to live up to your values has made you realize you want a strong mind, body, and spirit. No longer do you want to sacrifice your health and well-being.
You want to implement self-care behaviors in your everyday routine but need guidance and support.
Self-care behaviors like eating well, daily physical activity, good quality sleep, and healthy stress relief. You already know these lifestyle behaviors will make you stronger and feel more energized. In addition, your mind will have better clarity with room for creativity and increased productivity. And let’s not forget, having your spirit fulfilled as you find more meaning and purpose.
The changes you envision to BE WELL so you can SERVE WELL are all possible!
So let’s do this together and start you on your self-care journey.
Hi, I’m Elaine Dusetzina – founder of Evoke Strong Health and Wellness LLC.
It’s an honor to be a part of your wellness journey! I’m here to serve and come alongside you as you take the steps towards implementing positive lifestyle behaviors. Being able to personally transform my health has driven my passion for helping others do the same. I genuinely believe in the power of a healthy lifestyle to restore your body and mind back into balance. It’s my pleasure to partner with you to bring out your strengths as you stay true to your values while making impactful changes to improve your health and wellbeing.
How it all got started.
The idea of Evoke Strong was born from my personal health transformation journey sparked by unexpected results revealed after a long overdue doctor’s visit.
After I transitioned out of the Navy, I embraced the role of a stay-at-home mom. Motherhood is an incredible blessing, and I wanted to be present for every milestone my children achieved as they grew up. However, as the kids became my #1 priority, self-care took a toll. So even though I knew the importance of yearly check-ups, I decided to skip a few years.
Do you see your doctor every year, or have you been skipping out on it too?
Until November of 2015. I sat in the exam room expecting nothing out of the ordinary. Little did I know I was in for a surprise when the doctor revealed the lab results. I never imagined my glucose (A1C) and triglyceride levels to be considerably higher than they ever were! Levels indicating insulin resistance.
With a bit of denial, I questioned how did this happen? I thought I had excellent health. After all, I just ran the Marine Corps Marathon along with a handful of other races in the past year. I expressed to my doctor my concern about these results. Because I was a runner and not overweight, he wasn’t worried at all. However, I felt frustrated because I was curious and wanted answers.
Have you had unexpected and worrisome results after a doctor’s visit?
I knew I needed to do something! The built-up anxiety led me to research the root causes of insulin resistance. Looking back at the previous years, I realized I wasn’t taking care of myself like I thought I did. Yes, I was running, but perhaps too much.
- I learned the added strain on my body contributed to more stress.
- I learned food also had a big impact as I wasn’t eating well either.
- I also learned I needed to sleep better and get a handle on my stress levels.
After facing my reality, I decided it was up to me to make some changes. That I have the choice, and I can be in control of my health. I came up with a plan and experimented with ways to lower my levels.
To Serve Well, I need to Be Well.
Even when it wasn’t easy, one thing that helped me take steps forward was envisioning my life in the future. I saw myself as strong, healthy, and thriving. Being well means I can best serve God’s purpose for me. I realize when my vessel is empty, those whom I love are most impacted.
Within a year, the small steps of implementing self-care behaviors made a huge difference. It was a complete overhaul of my lifestyle that proved genuinely worthwhile!
YES YOU CAN make small meaningful changes!
This is the heartbeat 💕 of Evoke Strong. The belief it’s possible to make room in your life for self-care that positively impacts and nourishes your well-being.
With an approach rooted in compassion, our coaching sessions will help you close the gap between where you are today and where you’d like to be with your health and well-being.
We focus on positivity and growth within a non-judgmental space. As a result, you’ll have more self-awareness and discover what matters to you most in connection with your health and well-being.
It’s an Honor to Serve You!
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- When I was 12, my family (mom and 3 siblings – Dad was already in the U.S.) immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines. I remember I was so excited to see water flow out of a faucet in our 1-bedroom apartment that I volunteered to wash the dishes every day! Growing up without running water – meaning no showers or flushable toilets- helped me develop a greater sense of gratitude. I’m definitely grateful for all blessings – big or small.
- My love for running started when I joined the cross-country team in high school. I dream of finishing all six World Marathon Majors (3 more to go! – Tokyo, London, and Berlin) before turning 60. Running marathons helped me discover a part of me that I didn’t even know was there. Notably, the depths of my strength in mind and spirit as I dove deep inside to get through the most challenging parts of many races. As a result, I understand how resilience is built when we learn to overcome our biggest obstacles.
- Receiving an NROTC scholarship in my first year in college was one huge blessing! It set me on the path to serve as a Naval Officer for 11 years. In the Navy is where I learned to become a mature and responsible adult. Where I harnessed courage and developed a thicker skin. It’s where I also learned how to connect and interact with a myriad of personalities. Best of all, I met lifelong friends and the love of my life. Being a part of the military has led me to where I am today.
- Motherhood has changed me to be a better person – more loving, more patient, and having pure joy. The best part of motherhood is bearing witness to two playful, fun-loving, and kindhearted souls grow in front of my very eyes. My heart has grown exponentially with so much love and compassion because of them.
- To be a believer is transformative, that my renewed faith in God has pulled me in the direction of serving His purpose. 1 Peter 4:10 – As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.
Education and certifications:
American Council on Exercise Behavior Change Specialist
National Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coach