Would you like to finally have control and be the boss of your health and wellness? You’re not alone!
November 2015 was my wake-up call! I finally decided to schedule a checkup after skipping it for four years. With much of my time spent taking the girls to their milestone checkups, I abandoned my own. I felt at the time, their health were more of a priority than mine.
With the expectation of a clean bill of health, I was shocked to see the results of my blood panel. In particular, my glucose (A1C) and triglyceride levels were much higher than before. Results that after doing a bit of research indicated INSULIN RESISTANCE! How can this happen? I asked myself in denial. I thought I was in “good shape”! After all, I just ran the Marine Corps Marathon along with a handful of half marathons and shorter races.
Because of my level of physical activity, the doctor wasn’t concerned about my glucose level since it wasn’t YET in the prediabetic range (I was hovering at the borderline). I WAS A LITTLE FURIOUS to have my concerns brushed off as if they didn’t matter. Turning this frustration into action, I started the journey of learning and experimenting various ways to bring my levels back to normal.
The Boss of my Health
One of my ‘WHYs’ which was to prevent Type 2 diabetes – directed my inner motivation to develop a lifestyle of healthy habits. I didn’t want all the complications associated with diabetes plus the constant monitoring and lifetime of medications.
I learned that healthful habits, once formed, become second nature and part of who I am. Within a year of discovering my health risk, the small steps I took towards healthful choices made a huge difference. Developing the powerful habits of proper nutrition, physical activity (with a focus on building muscle), sleep and stress management were effective ways that brought my levels back to normal.
Throughout this journey, I realized what I VALUED MOST was and continues to be my WELL-BEING. When I’m not thriving physically, mentally, and spiritually, I cannot fully serve God’s given purpose of being a compassionate and loving mother, wife, and positive contributor to the community.
Ready to take control of your health?
You don’t have to do it all by yourself! When you feel overwhelmed with responsibilities as a Mom, a wife, a career oriented woman…you name it, your well-being can be negatively impacted. You start feeling less energized and health issues start to creep in. You have the power from within to take immediate action to prevent and lower your risks for major health conditions. All you need to do is ASK FOR HELP!
BE THE BOSS OF YOUR HEALTH AND SCHEDULE A FREE CALL TODAY!
Learn more Fun and Interesting facts about Elaine:
1. I was born in the Philippines and immigrated to the US when I was 12 with my mom and 3 siblings. (Dad was already situated in Allentown, PA). At first sight of water coming out of a faucet in our apartment, I was so excited I volunteered to wash the dishes everyday!
2. My love for running started when I joined my high school cross-country team when I was a sophomore. To date, I’ve ran 7 marathons, 19 half marathons and numerous other short distance races. My dream is to complete all 7 marathons of the World Marathon Majors (3 more to go! – Tokyo, London and Berlin).
3. I was blessed to receive a special NROTC scholarship my first year in college that set me on a path of serving as a Naval Officer for 11 years. It was in the Navy where I met my husband who is also a Naval Officer.
4. The best part about being a Mom is feeling like a kid again. My daughters have invigorated my love for music and dance particularly musical theater. I think I get more excited about watching musicals than they do!
5. My credentials (also available on LinkedIn)